If you own a cat, and even if you don’t, I’ll bet you’re familiar with feline tactics for attention. Walking, prancing and rolling on a keyboard is a favored manoeuvre. This morning, my cat was doing just that when she accomplished an extraordinary shift; I’m not sure which keys she stood on, and in what sequence, but *viola!* the entire visual on my display screen turned 90 degrees. The whole screen. I didn’t even know my notebook had such a trick in it! I had to turn in on it’s side to view my screen. It’s taken me quite some time to figure how to right the image. The experience reminded me about a coaching dialogue technique — about how taking a 90-degree angle shift on something can shift our perspective. Whitworth et al, in their book Co-Active Coaching, set out this elegant example. I hope it adds value to your thinking. Continue reading
- In exactly one month's time - this unique event is taking place in Cape Town. I'm excited! have only 4 more spots… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- We have 15 applications already and It's for 20 ppl only! The caliber of those who have applied is off the charts!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- 6 Characteristics of the Mentally Healthy Person
- 25 Powerful and Generative Questions
- Feedback and Impressions for the 9th Annual Coaching and Mentoring Conference
- What is REALLY VALUABLE to YOU?
- On Hitting the Wall, or; The Crises of Meaning
- Executive Coaching goes Mobile: 4 Reasons to switch to technology-based coaching
- 4 Ways to use Coaching: Skill, Performance, Development and Free Agenda
- Can any One Word describe the Power of Exercising the Mind?
- Memo to Leaders
- Awareness of the Reality of the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy